The Spring 2018 NERS Cycle for Content has now started!
Timeline for this Content Enhancement Cycle:
- Review by the NERS coordinators of the existing migrated requests from Wednesday May 9 to Sunday May 20, 2018
- Submission of new requests by the user community: Monday May 21 to Sunday June 3, 2018
- Content Working Group review of the added new requests: Monday June 4 to Sunday June 17, 2018
- Voting open for IGeLU/ELUNA members: Monday June 18 to Sunday July 1, 2018
In the last two weeks (phase 1), existing NERS requests have been reviewed by the Content Working Group to remove duplicates, requests that did not fit in the Content category, and requests for content that is already included. Some of those requests may concern resources which are already in some KBs and indexes, but not in all of them. Some A&I databases, for example, can be in Primo Central Index, but not in Summon. In such cases, requests have not been removed.
In phase (2), IGeLU and ELUNA members are invited to add new requests if there is a need. If you are submitting a new request, please search existing requests prior to creating a new one, to avoid duplication.
How to add new Content requests?
- Check that the resource is not already in your KB and/or index
- Log into NERS (*)
- Check that no votable request for the resource exists already in NERS (Request search with limit by Product = Content and Status = Votable)
- Add a new Content request by providing the following helpful information
- Name of the Database, Collection or Platform
- Name of the Content Provider
- Link to the database or platform
- Provider contact information (if available)
- Short description why this content is important and beneficial to the community
- Flag the request as Regional if needed and select the appropriate group from the list
Do not create a NERS request if you would like an update of an existing resource. Open instead a Salesforce case!
For this voting ballot, the following 4 regional groups are highlighted:
- Danish language
- English Language (ANZREG)
- German language
- Spanish language
This guarantees that at least one regional collection for each of the 4 groups will be pushed up and be part of the top 10.
In phase (3), the Content Working Group will review the newly added requests.
Finally, IGeLU and ELUNA members will vote from Monday June 18 to Sunday July 1, 2018 (phase 4). Each institution can give 1 vote to each request. Ex Libris agreed to implement (where technically possible) the top 10 resources.
The next voting cycle will be organized in autumn 2018.
Please have a look at our NERS Content Request FAQ and/or contact enhancement coordinators if you have any question:
- Molly Beisler, University of Nevada, Reno, email@example.com, NERS Content Coordinator
- Ulrikke Greve Olufsen, University of Oslo, firstname.lastname@example.org, NERS Content Coordinator
(*) Access to NERS is restricted to IGeLU and ELUNA members. Your institutional IGeLU/ELUNA contact should have the appropriate log in credentials. If your institutional contact does not have them or if you need to update contact information, please contact: email@example.com and they will be sent to your current or new institutional contact. If your institution is not a member of IGeLU or ELUNA (for North American users), please consider becoming a member. As a member of one of these organizations, your institution will become part of an active community of Ex Libris product users, and among other benefits, you will have input into the direction and development of Ex Libris products.